Equity and Diversity/Title IX
Indian River State College embraces the fact that equity is at the very heart of all student success and recognizes that true equity does not mean treating all students the same, but rather provides individual students the unique encouragement, opportunities and support that he or she needs to succeed. IRSC is defined by the belief that a multiplicity of values and beliefs, interests and experiences, and intellectual and cultural viewpoints enrich learning and inform scholarship.
Indian River State College provides resources across the institution to promote access, respect, inclusiveness and community in all of our working and learning environments. The faculty, staff, and students of IRSC perceive diversity and equity as a critical component of the institution’s mission and goals. We continue to evolve to include people of all ethnicities, races, religions, socioeconomic groups, sexual orientations, and gender.
Title IX is the Law
Title IX is a federal law that prohibits discrimination based on the sex (gender) of employees and students of educational institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Title IX’s prohibition of sex discrimination includes prohibition of sexual harassment and sexual violence. Sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature and can include unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, nonverbal, or physical conduct of a sexual nature, including rape and sexual assault.
Students, staff and faculty needing the assistance of the Title IX/Equity Office should email or call the office with concerns. Incidents can also be reported online using the IRSC Harassment Discrimination Complaint Form or to report Sexual Misconduct. I will try to respond to inquiries as soon as possible.
Equity Officer/ Title IX Coordinator
Indian River State College
- If you have an immediate health or safety concern please dial 9-1-1.
- National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline 800-656-4673 (HOPE) RAINN
- Abuse Counseling and Treatment Center (ACT) 24 hour hotline 239-939-3112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- BIPOC Addiction and Mental Health Resources
- IRSC Campus Police 772-462-4755
- 6Hx11-3.13 IRSC Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment Policy
- 6Hx11-3.151 IRSC Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, or Other Crimes of Violence Policy
- AP-3.151 Procedures Regarding Sexual Assault Sexual Misconduct Other Crimes of Violence
- AP-3.131 Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment Policy Violation Reporting Procedures
- AP-3.151(b) Procedures for Responding to Allegations of Title IX Sexual Misconduct
including Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Impersonal Violence, and
Title IX Trainings
In accordance with the US Department of Education Title IX Regulations, colleges must make training materials publicly available on websites. The training materials posted here are used to train individuals involved in the review, investigation and adjudication of Title IX Sexual Harassment. These training materials are either original works and are the property of Indian River State College, or are training materials provided from third parties that consent to the posting of their training materials as required by OCR in §106.45(b)(10)(i)(D) of the new Title IX Regulations. Posting of these materials does not serve as a waiver of any rights associated with the materials. Indian River State College does not give permission for these training materials to be copied, disseminated, or utilized by any third party without the express written permission of the College.
Training Provided to IRSC
- Title IX Coordinator and Administrator Level 4 Training
- Title IX Coordinator and Administrator Level 5 Training
- Title IX Hearing Officer and Decision-Maker (2020)
- Title IX Hearing Officer and Decision-Maker (2021)
- Title IX Hearing Advisor
- Civil Rights Investigator Level One
- Pregnancy and Title IX
- What School Leaders Need to Know About Title IX
- Consent: It's Simple as Tea
- Two Minutes will Change the Way You Think about Consent
Training Provided by IRSC