HESI A2 Admissions Assessment Exam
The HESI A2 Admissions Assessment Exam is a computerized test used by the IRSC School of Nursing to assess the academic ability of prospective R.N. students. The HESI A2 is a multiple-choice exam consisting of six sections (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Basic Math, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, and a Learning Style Assessment). It takes approximately four hours to complete. Only students who have submitted applications for the Practical Nursing and/or Associate Degree Nursing programs should register for this test.
All applicants will take the HESI A2 exam in person, at the Assessment Center on Massey Campus in Fort Pierce:
HESI Exam Registration
All students will need to register for the HESI exam and make a testing appointment. Information about both registering and making a testing appointment will be posted on this website starting on April 11, 2023.
For questions or help with registration, please email IRSCSONprograminfo@irsc.edu . Please include your name and use “HESI Help” as the subject of your email.
The test will be offered on select dates only. If a date is not allowing you to click on it, please choose a date and location that will.
- Appointments will be reserved on a first come, first served basis starting on April 11, 2023.
On the day of your exam, please bring with you:
- Valid Photo ID
- The confirmation email you received after scheduling your exam
- Your username and password for your Elsevier account
HESI A2 Frequently Asked Questions
The HESI A2 Exam is approximately 3 hours.
- Current Driver’s License with Photo
- Current Federal, State, County or Municipality issued ID with photo (includes U.S. Military ID)
- Current Alien Registration Card (Green Card) with photo
- Current Passport with recent photo
- Passport Card
- Current High School ID
- Current Indian River State College ID Card
If an ID has an expiration date, it is no longer valid after that date. Also, once an ID is broken into more than one piece or has been cut, it is no longer valid. An ID printed on paper, photo paper or cardboard cannot be accepted for testing.
|Sections||Number of Test Items|
|Vocabulary and General Knowledge||55|
|Basic Math Skills||55|
|Anatomy and Physiology||30|
|Learning Style Assessment||14|
HESI A2 scores are valid for one year prior to the deadline date and may be taken only once every application period.
(Note: Only IRSC HESI A2 exam scores are accepted by the School of Nursing. They will not accept HESI A2 scores from other schools.)
Step 1: Create an Evolve Account
Use the following steps to create an Evolve account and register for HESI Student Access:
- Visit https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/
- Choose: I am a student.
- Under the box that says HESI Secured Exams, click on the link Register for Distance Testing
- Click on the blue Register button. This will take you to My Cart.
- Click the blue Checkout/Redeem button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, you will either create an account or sign into an existing one. Either sign in with your username and password or create one now by filling in the fields. Note: Your username will be auto generated and will be a combination of your first initial, your last name, and a number or series of numbers.
Step 2: REGISTER and PAY for your HESI Exam by using this link:
Step 3: SCHEDULE your test using this link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/HESIA2forSpring2023@mailirsc.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
To find your HESI exam scoring information:
- Sign in to your Evolve Account, then click 'HESI Assessment – Student Access'.
- Under the 'My Exams' tab locate your exam.
- Click 'View Results'.
- Click 'Results Report'.
All HESI A2 score reports will be automatically sent to the Indian River State College School of Nursing.