Massey Campus, Kight Center (Building V), Room 110 View Directions to the Venue View Venue Weather View Venue Profile
Fort Pierce, FL 34981
Industry Symposium (Invitation Only): 2:00–5:00 p.m.
Join industry and educational leaders to discuss the critical role and immense impact of optics and photonics technologies on advanced manufacturing, telecommunication, transportation, sustainable energy, defense, and national security. The topics will include the current and future state of optics and photonics, prevalent issues, education, and workforce development.
Congressman Brian Mast, Representative for the 21st District of Florida and Co-Chair of the Congressional Optics and Photonics Caucus in D.C., will be on hand.
Extend your stay and attend the celebration of light-based technologies during the Optics and Photonics Festival immediately following the Industry Symposium. Enjoy demonstrations and activities, and tour IRSC’s cutting-edge photonics, high-power laser, fiber optics, and quantum labs.
Registration link: Reserve your space today!
Community Festival (All Ages • Free Admission): 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Join IRSC for a family-friendly event built around learning and discovery!
Hands-on activities, lectures and tours illuminate the role of photonics and lasers in everyday life and the future.
• Go hands-on in the Maker’s Corner, and take home a light-inspired craft.
• Learn how laser fusion can create sustainable energy for our planet.
• Explore the evolution of telescopes.
• Take guided tours of IRSC Photonics, High-Power Laser and Quantum Photonics labs.
• Marvel at “A World of Light”—a display of images from artists around the globe.
• View project displays from students in IRSC’s Laser Club.
• Take a selfie with a giant lens.
The event will be located in the Kight Center for Emerging Technologies (Building V) at Indian River State College Massey Campus.
The IRSC Optics & Photonics Community Festival is made possible with the support of Indian River State College, LASER-TEC, Florida Photonics Cluster and Jenoptik Optical Systems.
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar