Doing Business With IRSC
Indian River State College is committed to promoting and developing business relationships with a wide variety of businesses and ensuring that minority- and women-owned businesses have the chance to compete for a fair share of these opportunities.
IRSC Purchasing Department
The Purchasing Department at Indian River State College issues and maintains purchasing policies, procedures and guidelines for the College. The Purchasing Department coordinates the asset management needs of the College and issues solicitations and prepares contracts within purchasing guidelines.
Current Opportunities and Notices of Procurement for Professional Services
Bids, Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) are advertised in print media and publicized on this web page. Contact the Purchasing Department at 772-462-7355 or email@example.com to obtain RFQ documents.
Bids, ITNs and RFPs
Contact the Purchasing Department directly to obtain ITN and RFQ documents at 772-462-7355.
ITB 21/22-02 Maternal/Neonatal Nursing Simulator
Due Date: 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 18, 2021
ITB 21/22-03 Pediatric High-Fidelity Human Simulators
Due Date: 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 18, 2021
ITB 21/22-04 Radiology Imaging Equipment
Due Date: 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 25, 2021
RFQ 21/22-01 Architectural/Engineering Services Minor Projects—
Due Date: 12:00 p.m., Monday, September 13, 2021
Contact The Office of Facilities and Sustainability to obtain Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) documents at 772-462-7360.
Indian River State College is accessible to all residents of the four-county area (Martin, St. Lucie, Okeechobee and Indian River). The people and companies that the College conducts business with should truly reflect the rich cultural diversity of this expanding community. The IRSC Purchasing Department strives to assure that our vendor pool mirrors the community we serve.
The Purchasing Department is committed to offering equal opportunity to minority- and women-owned business enterprises to provide the College community with goods and services. Our Minority-and Women-Owned Business program is in place to ensure that minority group members and women are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,genetic information, and any other factor protected under applicable federal, state and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations. It is important to the College Purchasing Department that these minority- and women-owned businesses offer good service, a quality product and a competitive price on a consistent basis.
The Purchasing Department for Indian River State College will make a continuing effort to ensure that minority group members and women are afforded an equal opportunity to do business with the College. These actions will include, but not be limited to:
- Making every effort to identify, develop, solicit, and place orders with minority- and women-owned business enterprises
- Vendor visitations, encouragement and advisement
- Active involvement in trade shows, consortiums, councils, as well as other activities and groups geared toward the advancement of minority- and women-owned businesses in the overall procurement spectrum
- Keeping up-to-date listings of certified M/WBES from the Florida Regional Minority Purchasing Council, the School Board of St. Lucie County, St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners, and the State of Florida Department of General Services
- Maintaining a detailed vendor reporting system, as a part of the new computerized purchasing system that facilitates the tracking of dollar amounts placed with M/WBES, and comparing this to the total purchases made. Both monthly and yearly comparisons will be made.
- Networking with other governmental agencies to identify qualified M/WBES
- Embarking upon a benchmarking program with other agencies and corporations, in order to keep up to date on any new developments and ideas in this area
- Advertising our bids in local and regional minority- and women-owned publications
- Working closely with departments to match their procurement requirements with qualified M/WBES
Minority Business Enterprises
Minority business enterprises are defined as any business enterprise which is at least 51% owned by, or in the case of a publicly owned company, at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by, citizens or permanent resident aliens who are:
- Black persons having origins in any of the Black African racial groups not of Hispanic origin.
- Hispanic persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Central or South American of either Indian or Hispanic origin.
- Asian and Pacific Islander persons having origins in any of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the Pacific Islands.
- American Indian or Alaskan Native persons having origins in any of the original people of North America that are maintaining identifiable tribal affiliations through membership and participation on community identification.
Women-owned businesses are defined as any business enterprise which is at least 51% owned by, or in the case of a publicly owned business, at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by citizens or permanent resident aliens of the United States who are female. Ownership interest must be real, substantial and continuing. The management and daily operations of the business must be controlled by such persons, including but not limited to, all business decisions regarding the entity. The business should have a full-service office, preferably within the four county area or in close approximation thereto.
The IRSC Purchasing Department is located at 3209 Virginia Avenue, Building S, Room 227 on the Main Campus in Fort Pierce, Florida.
Contact us at 772-462-7355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.