Educational Opportunity Center
Indian River State College has received a $1.2 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education in support of its first Educational Opportunity Center program. The new program is designed to minimize barriers for low-income residents of Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie counties.
Participants receive professionally guided assistance regarding all IRSC programs, in addition to regional and national institutions. Our primary goals are to provide:
- Application assistance,
- Financial literacy,
- FAFSA application assistance,
- General Education Diploma (GED) / High School completion services,
- Support for those starting or completing a degree, and
- Information for certificate and career training programs.
Appointments and Walk-in Candidates are now being accepted for assistance.
The Educational Opportunity Center offers access and assistance to IRSC’s wraparound services to students, extending customer services to a large number of low-income residents of Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie counties.
- Must be low-income, 19 years old and above.
- Must be seeking educational and financial literacy information.
- Must be interested in obtaining educational information.
- Must provide preliminary documentation. Documentation types include:
- Valid Photo ID
- Education documentation
For more information or to begin the application process, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
- Donnella Clarke, EOC Program Director, at 772-462-7035; or
- Jeri Ewing, EOC Program Specialist, at 772-462-7064.
Funding for the project continues through August 2026.