IRSC Career and Transfer Services educates and assists students and alumni in effectively developing, evaluating and implementing their career plans. Whether it's finding that perfect internship, preparing to land the perfect job, or exploring career options, Career and Transfer Services is the place to start.
We Are Here for You
Career and Transfer Services Center is here to assist you with all your career readiness needs. Services available to students and graduates: career assessment, career advising, resume writing, mock interviews, internships, job shadowing, career fairs, transfer services, along with co-advising from partnering universities, graduate school events, and job search strategies. All services can be accessed online, face to face, or by telephone.
Schedule an Appointment:
For Quick Questions:
For Quick Questions Complete this form.
Career and Transfer Services Virtual Information Sessions
Career and Transfer Services offers virtual workshops and a Career Ready programs to help guide IRSC students in their professional development! Get started on the 6 Steps to Complete the Career Ready Program and earn A Career Readiness Certificate:
Attend a Career Ready Orientation
- Build your Resume
- Participate in a Mock Interview
- Create a LinkedIn Profile
- Attend Two Career Events
- Complete a Survey
Check out the Virtual Workshops and sign up now through RiverLife Paths.
Career Ready Program Orientation
Career and Transfer Services Center is here to assist you to become Career Ready and achieve core competency skills that employers are seeking. Join the Career Ready program, find out about Career Competencies and the services available to you!
Finding an Internship Workshop
Join us to explore strategies and resources you can use to find an internship. Explore paid, virtual and micro internship opportunities. Find out what employers are looking for and create a plan to search for an internship.
Interview Preparation Workshop
Learn different interview types and how to prepare for each. We will highlight the Do’s and Don’ts of responding to different types of interview questions and the proper follow-up process after the interview.
LinkedIn & Networking Workshop
Learn how to navigate LinkedIn and create your profile. LinkedIn tips on showcasing your Profile and How to use LinkedIn to network & search for employment.
Resume Writing Workshop
Producing a well written resume and a cover letter is a basic requirement for a successful job search. Discusses resume headings, proper formatting, and other information to include or not include in your resume.
Job Search Strategies Workshop
Explore the job search resources and strategies that will be effective in a competitive job market. Discover the steps to hiring and how that impacts your job search and learn the effective method for finding job opportunities. We will help you kick start your job search and address any other job search related questions you might have.
Dress to Impress Workshop
Making a good first impression is always important! The workshop will give potential applicants knowledge of what is appropriate attire — what to wear and what not to wear to an interview and in the workplace.
Collaborate Session Link
Participants are welcome to join and exit the online session at any time.
This hands-on workshop will explore various aspects of LinkedIn – a social networking site for business – and the role it can play in your professional career. Learn what recruiters are looking for and how to showcase your skills and experience online. Discover how to use LinkedIn to search for employment.
Internships Advance Careers Workshops
Offered throughout the year, internship and other career workshops explore paid, academic and Capstone internships; uncover where the jobs are; reveal what employers are looking for; assist students in developing a career plan, resume and cover letter; and discuss related topics such as dressing for success, networking and social media.
For information on Internships or Job Shadowing, contact Christine Richard, firstname.lastname@example.org or 772-462-7094.
Exploring career possibilities at the start of your education journey will help you and your advisor tailor your plan of academic study. The Office of Career and Transfer Services offers in-person consultation and assessment, workshops and online resources:
- Career Coach for online career assessment, wage and employment data, and exploration of IRSC programs that lead to your career goal
- O-Net to research national data on careers and occupations
- Measuring the Economic Success of Florida’s Graduates to explore correlations between post-secondary degrees, employment and earnings
Career Ready Program, Job Search, Resumé Writing and Interview Preparation Workshops
- 05/24/2022 - Online: LinkedIn Networking Workshop
- 05/26/2022 - Online: Job Search Strategies Workshop
- 06/01/2022 - Online: Career Ready Program Orientation
- 06/02/2022 - Online: Resume Writing Workshop
- 06/07/2022 - Online: Finding an Internship Workshop
- 06/09/2022 - Online: Dress to Impress Workshop
- 06/14/2022 - Online: LinkedIn Networking Workshop
- 06/22/2022 - Online: Interview Preparation Workshop
- 06/23/2022 - Online: Career Ready Program Orientation
- 06/29/2022 - Online: Job Search Strategies Workshop
- 07/06/2022 - Online: Finding an Internship Workshop
- 07/07/2022 - Online: LinkedIn Networking Workshop
Students from all majors can execute professional assignments to build and demonstrate skills while exploring a variety of career paths through Parker Dewey micro-internships.
Micro-Internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. These projects enable students to demonstrate skills, explore career paths, and build their networks as they seek the right full-time role. Unlike traditional internships, micro-internships can take place year-round, typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and are due between one week and one month after kick-off.
Career Tools and Job Banks
Indian River State College offers students a variety of web-based tools to help them professionally create, manage and share the essential information that employers are looking for:
- CareerSource Research Coast and CareerSource Heartland (DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands and Okeechobee counties) for job search assistance, skills assessments, training opportunities and more.
- College Central Network Job Bank to access local and national job postings, build a resume or online portfolio, manage your on-campus interview schedule and keep track of your job search history, and more.
- Employ Florida to discover great jobs in Florida, examine job market trends and get career tips.
- Florida Shines to explore careers, make a plan for education and prepare for work.
- Job Interview Questions to uncover a repository of job-specific questions that employers are likely to ask during an interview.
- Optimal Resume for assessing and building employability skills, and creating and managing resumes, cover letters, websites and more.
- Discover job, networking and mentoring opportunities from business leaders in Florida and around the country. Membership in the Job Creators Network is free for the IRSC community with Promo Code IndianRiver21!
- The Career Guide for Students with Disabilities addresses barriers, professional development and other services for disabled students.
The Indian River State College Office of Career and Transfer Services invites area employers to list available positions with our College Central job bank, provide meaningful experiences for student interns, and participate in job fairs and other networking events. The College also offers employers a quiet space to conduct interviews. Send email to email@example.com or call 772-462-7470 or 1-866-792-4772 ext. 7470 for more information. Fill out the online form to reserve the interview room.
Resources and Services
- Internship and job databases
- Assessment tools for educational and career planning
- Resume, cover letter and interview preparation services, including mock interviews
- Job fairs, career forums and other networking opportunities
Contact Career and Transfer Services
Members of the IRSC Office of Career and Transfer Services are available on each of the College’s five campuses.
Monday to Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.