Main Content Start

Transfer Credits to IRSC

Students at Indian River State College can get a head start by transferring credit for courses completed at an accredited college or university, through successful completion of college-level dual enrollment courses and for qualifying scores on the Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP®, and Cambridge AICE (British AS-Level and A-Level) exams.

Students may also earn credit through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA). PLA can give students a head start by awarding credit for learning acquired through military service, work experience, employer training programs, industry certifications and successful completion of high school Career Pathway academies

Get Your Associate Degree with Reverse Transfer at IRSC

Did you know you might have already completed the requirements for an Associate Degree from IRSC? Credits from your current college or university may count toward your IRSC degree.

Why get an Associate Degree?

  • Increase your earning potential
  • Boost your résumé
  • Advance your career
  • Improve your eligibility for a promotion
  • Achieve an accomplishment

Who is eligible?

Currently enrolled university students who have done all of the following:

  • Have earned at least 30 credits at IRSC
  • Have earned a total of at least 60 credits
  • Have completed all general education, civic literacy, communication, computation, and foreign language competency requirements
  • Transferred from IRSC without an A.A. Degree
  • Have not yet earned an A.A. or Bachelor’s Degree
  • Are in good academic standing

Credit from other Colleges and Universities

As part of the admissions process, incoming students must provide IRSC with official transcripts. Admissions personnel will review the transcripts and enter eligible coursework into the student record. Students can then view how credit is applied to their degree and work with their advisor to determine if transferred coursework meets equivalency for their selected pathway.

Dual Enrollment

Students enrolled in college coursework prior to graduation from high school may be awarded college credit. For Dual Enrollment credit earned through a college other than IRSC an official college transcript is required for the evaluation of credit.

AP, IB, CLEP and Cambridge AICE Exams

Indian River State College awards college credit for qualifying scores on the Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP®, and Cambridge AICE (British AS-Level and A-Level) exams. Candidates interested in receiving course credit must have official test scores sent directly to the IRSC Office of Advising for review and evaluation. Credit will be awarded only once for the same subject. The amount of credit awarded depends on the score received. The Florida Department of Education provides specific information about scores needed to earn credit by exam.



New version available REFRESH  DISMISS