Financial Aid Eligibility
Students seeking financial aid at Indian River State College, must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be fully enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be enrolled at least half-time (for most aid programs). Some students are eligible for Pell Grants for less than half-time enrollment. For financial aid purposes, full-time enrollment is 12 or more credits; three-quarter time enrollment is 9 to 11 credits; half-time enrollment is 6 to 8 credits; and anything less than 6 credits is less than halftime enrollment.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent (i.e., GED®).
- Not be in default on prior federal student loans or in “overpayment” on any prior federal grant.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Have a complete financial aid file.
For information about current semester financial aid disbursement and answers to other questions about the financial aid process, visit Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions.
GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education (ACE) and administered exclusively by GED Testing Service LLC under license. This material is not endorsed or approved by ACE or GED Testing Service.
Financial aid covers certificate programs that are 24 or more credits and vocational programs that are 600 or more clock hours. Apprenticeship programs are not covered. Email financial aid at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.