Main Content Start

Student Affairs

The Office of Student Affairs encourages and supports students with a variety of foundational, educational and organizational resources that enhance the overall student experience and prepares students for success in their academic and personal endeavors.

Student Rights and Responsibilities

Indian River State College resembles society as a whole. Students are treated as mature adults who are responsible for their own actions. There are rules and regulations that are followed for the benefit of all, and each person has a right to expect courtesy, integrity, and good citizenship in dealing with others.

This ideology is reflected in the IRSC Pioneer Promise:

Integrity, respect, scholarship and community are the core values that guide our conduct, performance and decisions at IRSC. As an IRSC student, I promise the following:

  • Integrity—to lead by example and practice personal and academic honesty.
  • Respectto support the learning community by recognizing and respecting the rights and contributions of others.
  • Scholarshipto value learning as my primary purpose of being a member of the IRSC community.
  • Communityto strive to give back and embrace diversity through service and compassion for others.

Dishonesty, such as cheating, plagiarism, or knowingly furnishing false information to the College is subject to disciplinary action. Upon enrollment at IRSC, all students assume the responsibility of compliance and cooperation with College policies and Campus Coalition Government regulations, just as each student is responsible to the larger community, state and nation in which he/she lives.

The College does not permit the possession or use of alcoholic beverages on campus or at any College function. Possession of illegal narcotics is not allowed and will result in suspension of the student from the College. Gambling is also prohibited. Students who violate the College regulations or who display misconduct either on or off campus can expect appropriate disciplinary measures to be taken; these measures include disciplinary probation, suspension and expulsion. In all disciplinary matters, the decision of the President of Indian River State College is final.

More information is reflected in the Student Handbook.

Student ID Cards

A current valid IRSC Student ID card is required to check out materials from the IRSC libraries, to gain entry to athletic and other college events, to receive various student services and to utilize campus recreation facilities.

Necessary Documentation

In order to obtain your Student ID card, present your current student schedule showing paid receipt and a valid photo ID to the Student Affairs Office.

Replacement Cards

A replacement card may be obtained if your card has been lost, stolen or damaged. The fee to replace an IRSC Student ID card is $5.00. You must present a current copy of a class schedule if the last issued card was not within the current semester, and a valid form of photo identification. You must also be able to provide your Student ID number at the time of replacement.

It is a violation of student regulations to have two current IRSC Student ID cards in your possession at any time.


Students who have grievances will have an opportunity to express them through proper channels. The President has established the following review committees to handle all forms of student grievances:

  • Academic Review/Admissions Committee
  • Appeals Committee
  • Student Affairs Committee

Students seeking review of a grievance must make a written request for review and dreict it to Student Affairs or Student Ombudsman/Student Advocate.

AP – 7.26 Student Grievances

Students in the Criminal Justice Institute do not come under the jurisdiction of the review committees named in the previous paragraph. Criminal Justice students must follow the Process for Disciplinary Review as described in the Criminal Justice Policy Manual.

Lost and Found

All lost and found items are turned over to our Student Affairs Office at the Massey Campus, River Commons (KSU) Building, Room 112. Student Affairs personnel make every effort to identify and contact the owner of the property. After thirty days, Student Affairs personnel will dispose of all unclaimed property at their discretion.

Contact the Office of Student Affairs

The Office of Student Affairs is located in the River Commons (KSU) Building, Room 112 on Massey Campus. Contact us at 772- 462-4706 or


Fall and Spring Semester
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

New version available REFRESH  DISMISS